I love stuffed peppers! Often I use a recipe, but last week I felt like making one up as I went. My photos are not awesome and my amounts are estimated...but I hope you enjoy none-the-less!! This recipe was husband and infant approved!
|Brooke was hungry - hence the missing pepper!|
1 package lean ground turkey
3 bell peppers
1 cup cooked wild or brown rice
2 cups chopped veggies of your choice (I used sweet peppers, tomatoes, and carrots)
1 cup pineapple salsa
1/2 cup vegetable broth
Spices: black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne (to taste)
Optional: shredded cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Brown ground turkey on stove. You may choose to add some spices as turkey is cooking.
3) While turkey is cooking, slice bell peppers in half and seed. Place six halves in a lightly oiled baking dish.
4) Chop desired vegetables.
5) Once turkey is cooked, add cooked rice, chopped vegetables, salsa, spices, and half of broth. Mix until well combined.
|Stuff peppers with mixture|
7) Pour remaining broth in baking dish.
8) Optional: sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each pepper, as desired.
9) Place baking dish in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, until peppers are soft, mixture is warmed through, and cheese is melted.
10) Remove from oven, allow to cool, and serve with a side salad!