Fit Your Life offers fitness classes for women at very special times in their lives. We want to assist you in finding or reconnecting with your fitness journey by discovering something that inspires you! Pregnancy and motherhood are often times in our lives where exercise is forgotten or falls off the priority list. Your health is vital in you being the best mom, wife, partner, friend, and woman you can be!
This is a recipe that Keith and I have made a few times. It is a very easy and quick week night meal that is full of flavor and healthy stuff! We add couscous, quinoa, or wild or brown rice as a side dish!
4-6 oz. salmon fillet
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp. olive oil
1 Tbs. fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tsp. black pepper
1 cup fresh spinach
sliced 1/2 red bell pepper
diced1 small yellow onion
diced 1 clove of garlic, minced
1 Tbs. olive oil
1) In a small bowl mix lemon juice, olive oil, basil and pepper.
2) Place salmon fillet on a sheet of aluminum foil.
3) Brush mixture from the bowl onto the fillet. Flip and repeat so that both sides are covered. Fold foil up around sides of salmon to form a packet. If desired drizzle any remnants from the bowl into packet for added flavor. Fold foil over to seal the packet and place in the broiler.
4) Cook for about 15 minutes or until the salmon has heated through.
5)While the salmon cooks pour olive oil in a skillet and place over medium heat.
6) Add garlic and onions into skillet. Saute until the onions begin to turn clear and add in peppers and mushrooms.
7) Stir vegetables in the skillet to mix, continue to saute for another 2 minutes until mushrooms start to brown.
8) Add in the spinach. Mix again and continue to saute until spinach has just started to wilt.
9) Remove from heat and set aside.
10) When the salmon is finished cooking carefully remove from foil and put on plate.
Keith and I have made a conscious effort to plan our meals, do grocery shopping trips for the week and stick to these healthy choices. What a stress relief it can be to not have to decide, after getting home from work, what we should make for supper!
Here are a couple of our food choices ...
BBQ's Chicken with Asparagus and Side Salad
Salmon with Sauteed Kale, Mushrooms, and Peppers
What do you do during the week to help you and/or your family eat health?