The core consists of the rectus abdominis (6-pack), obliques (twisting and side-bending muscles on sides of mid-section), transverse abdominis (deep core stabilizers), and low back muscles. This workout is going to target all four core muscle groups while increasing heart rate to burn calories!
This workout is quick and intense, so you can add it to the end of a cardio workout, or do it on its own when you are short on time. Let's GO!
- feet stance hip width apart with hands on head
- keep core engaged as you bend your hips, then knees to bring your thighs parallel with the ground
- high plank/push-up position from toes
- push up one hand at a time to high plank position, then lower back to start
- alternate "push-off" hand with each repetition
- start in standing position - crouch down and place hands in front of you on ground
- hop them back to hands
- jump to standing and repeat
- from a high plank/push-up position with feet touching, start "jacking" legs apart and back together
- should resemble a standing jumping jack (with stationary arms holding you stable)
- keep core engaged and bum flat with body (neutral spine)
- on your back with knees bent and hands touching head, elbows out to the side
- crunch one elbow to opposite bent knee as you straighten the other leg
- switch to other side - legs straighten and bend as if you were pedaling a bicycle